Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Iron Girl 10K

Expo day for the 10K.  Zeke got all worn out from looking at all the different trees


The starting line up
This is what Zeke did through the entire race

Just after crossing the start line
Beautiful Green Lake
Runners across the lake
Here I come!
Still coming!
Coming toward the finish line.


The finisher video. Do not be fooled by my speed... I sped up quite a bit the last 50 meters or so...

I actually finished!
I did it in 1:09!  My pace was 11:11 per mile... slow, but way faster than I expected!

Nate is trying to burp a tired Zeke at the park.
Feeding Zeke at a rest area on the way home.  Random... We saw Katie Rohwer (my cousins daughter) at this rest stop with some of her friends... small world.

I'm so glad I was able to do this race! I think I needed it.  Now I'm inspired to continue running through the fall and winter trying to get in good shape for more races.  Nathan and Zeke were great at cheering me on!  Thanks guys!

3 comments:

Nathan said...

You did so good Shaloma! Ezekiel and I are proud of you. Jingle Bell run all 3 of us will run!
Love you!

Amy and Matt said...

Good Job Shaloma...Wish I could had seen you. Greenlake is my stomping grounds. You kicked bootie!

Anonymous said...

Congratuations Shaloma! Great job! I can tell Zeke is proud of you:) He didn't look too upset with the change in routine! So happy you all had a good day! Donna