Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Zariyah Toa

Zariyah Toa Allen is 1!!!

One year stats:
Weight: 18 lbs 11.5 oz's - 15th percentile
Height: 30.5 inches - 90th percentile
Head Circumference: 18 1/4 inches - 80th percentile

Her weight is not one the same pattern as it used to be so she is scheduled for another weight check in one month.  Crazy girl!

Zariyah is such an incredible girl.  She is sweet and loud and ferocious. She keeps up with her brothers and is absolutely stunningly beautiful as she does.  She loves digging in the dirt with them while wearing her dresses and keeps her princess fingers poised. Zariyah is a thinker.  She will look you in the eye until she has you figured out.  She will go to some immediately and others have to wait until she is ready.  At one year, Zariyah, babbles...  she reads to us.  She likes to point out tree and practice trying to make the sound.  It sounds more like t-hee which is more like the sound of a deep exhale. She says pretty - p'tee.  She knows she is beautiful and loves to pick her own outfits.  She loves being adored.  She loves her Dad.  She will attack her brothers almost on command and loves to laugh and play with them.  She is the best shower snuggler and wants to be with Mom all.the.time.   She feels safe and special with me. She likes to eat the things I eat and doesn't like it at all if she can't taste my coffee.  poor girl is going to have to get used to that one.  She sleeps through the night, but wakes about 5am and cuddles me in bed for 2 hours until her brothers wake up.  I love those cuddles.  I love the little remnant of co-sleeping that we have left.  I'm so thankful for her.  She has been walking since she was 10 months and has been trying to run lately.  she signs more and claps and nods her head.  Zariyah is perceptive and loves to share her beauty.  She loves beards and playing peek-a-boo.  Chocolate is her favorite and drinking water from a water bottle.  She likes to point out the eyes on her baby doll and likes to take things out and put things in or take things off and put things on.  She has an incredible sense of humor and loves laughing and smiling and hanging her head upside down and having "upside downtown" time.  She has 6 teeth and two on the way...  teething has been crazy lately since she had her first on December 5th!

Dear sweet Zariyah,
as I sit to write this post, I am brought to tears.  Remembering how you first entered the world and changed my life forever seems like ages ago.  Life would not be right without you.  When God gave you to me, he gave me a gift that I never could have known in my wildest dreams would mean so much and be so different than any other.  You love so deeply and so purely.  You have taught me how to be free.  You have taught me how to go back to the beginning with knowing how to be a woman.  You have shown me true beauty.  Zariyah as you grow, please remember the beginning.  Remember how beautiful you are.  Don't let the world tell you that you are not beautiful or that beauty could go to your head.  It can't. Know it.  Own it.  You were created to be a beautiful beacon of light.  You were made to light up a room.   I'm so thankful that I get to be your mom.  I love helping you.  I love teaching you and protecting you.  I love watching you learn and grow.  You are destined for greatness and I'm so blessed to be a part of your journey.
Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this little girl! Perfect addition to the Allen family:) Lots of love from Grandma & Grandpa Allen