Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Boat Dinner"

I'm trying to change my family's eating style to primarily Paleo... I've had a hard time recently because I (and Nathan) have felt like a lot of the Paleo food I've been making is a whole lot of the same thing... so, I researched a bunch of blogs and found lots of ideas and that is where the inspiration for this "boat dinner" came from (Zeke calls it "boat dinner." Cutie).

Boat Dinner

2 Delicata Squash halved
1 TBS Coconut Oil
Salt
Pepper
Onion powder
Garlic powder

Filling:
1 lb Ground Beef
1 red bell pepper
1/2 a yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 inch of Serrano Pepper
1 small bunch of Broccolini cut into bite sized pieces

Heat oven to 415 degrees use coconut oil to cover the insides of the delicota squash and place skin side down on a baking sheet. Sprinkle seasonings on the squash to taste. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the squash become soft. Remove from the oven.
Meanwhile, brown the ground beef and in a separate skillet saute the onions, garlic and Serrano pepper on medium heat. After about two minutes, add the peppers and broccolini.
Put a thin layer of the veggies in the squash then top with ground beef and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Combine the remaining beef and veggies. Once the squash are done, top with the remaining mixture and serve. Yum!

3 comments:

Kamille said...

so fun and looks so yummy! I'll be making it for sure. And I'm sure my girls would love it:)

Nathan said...

so this dinner is 2 thumbs up. I could eat it once a week! Thanks Shaloma :)

Anonymous said...

Can we have boat dinners at your house when we get back?! Sounds delicious! Donna