Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just some updates on our life

No pictures today... mostly because I don't want to search for any. Yes, I'm feeling lazy.

Ezekiel is finally getting it!
A couple nights ago, I was sitting on the couch and Zeke walked up to me and started pulling my shirt up. Then climbed up on the couch and started rubbing and resting his head on my belly. It was so sweet! Then he started saying stuff into my belly (to his brother) like "toys" and "share". After a while of this, he decided he wanted to read a book to his brother so he plopped down right next to me and put his arm over my belly as if he was putting his arm around a friend and started looking at books... shouting out exciting things that he saw like trains, tracters and airplanes. I cried. I'm so thankful that Zeke is starting to understand what is happening. It's not just Momma anymore... His brother is in me too and boy does he love his brother!

Pregnant brain!
Yesterday, I had just parked the car outside the house and was getting ready to come in so I threw the keys in my purse, opened the door, locked and closed it... instantly I realized that I Zeke's door was also locked. I tried all the doors and windows and then in a panic ran to my neighbors house to see if I could use her phone. Thankfully she was home so I called Nate who reminded me that Joe (my brother) had a slim jim kit! so Nate called Joe who thankfully lives close to us. He was home alone with his son Kaden so they came over and tried to get the doors unlocked. It didn't work. Joe tried forever, but it wasn't working so then he was able to get a triangle window open and he had a long hook he could use to dig in my purse to find the keys. That worked! By then Zeke was pretty upset... it was 45 minutes after the door was locked! Zeke was sweaty, but thankfully it wasn't too hot outside so he wasn't suffocating in there. Joe is my hero and so is Laurie (my neighbor) for being home, letting me use her phone and sticking around for moral support and so is Nate for remembering that Joe had a lock kit. It took me a while to recover... It's hard being a Mom and trying really hard to be strong for your kid when you feel like a complete idiot for doing something like locking him in a car.

Humor
Zeke is now getting a pretty developed sense of humor! A couple nights ago, we had Jem & Heath over for dinner and Zeke entertained us all night! He thought Heath was hysterical and laughed at almost anything Heath would do. Then today he was pointing at things outside and giving them the wrong name. Like pointing at a bird but saying Grandma! Then I'd say "no silly!" and he would laugh and laugh! Then he'd do it again. Sometimes he gets in a crazy mood and crouches down and walks around the house like a monkey, then he shouts something and runs off to his room! silly kid. I love seeing what he does next.

That's all for today. At least it's all I can think of. Hopefully I'll blog better next month! We'll see!

3 comments:

Lindsay Braun said...

Shaloma! I love this post - Zeke is going to be such a wonderful big brother. And congrats to you and Nate on the little boy on the way! I'm 17 weeks pregnant, and Jeffrey and I find out if we're having a boy or girl on April 12th. (I'm trying to start a blog so I'm studying your blog and Amy's blog for ideas/tips!)Take care!

Anonymous said...

First, congratulations Lindsay & Jeffrey! How exciting! Enjoyed your posts today Shaloma - wow! I'm sure Zeke is none the worse - I half expected you to say he got out of his seat and opened the door for you! I love the story of him sharing his books and talking to his brother - how sweet!! I do know he has a sense of humor already and can't wait to see it again in person:) Love you guys! Donna

Amy and Matt said...

Thanks for the updates Shaloma. I have spent a lot of time with you guys lately and still didn't know all of this was going on. Zeke is developing so much every day, it's just amazing and wonderful! It's those little things everyday that make it great!