Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Midwife appointment and other adventures


This morning Zeke and I met up with Jolene and Kaden and went for a walk/hike to Whatcom Falls Park. It was pretty fun! Zeke liked the waterfall and got to play on the slide and on the swings! He had a great time. Unfortunately on the way home, Jolene got a headache and Joe was called in to the rescue. I hope you feel better Jolene!

Zeke and I stopped at Haggen and Starbucks for a treat and then headed home. Once we passed Woburn St., Zeke decided that he wanted to walk, so he walked all the way home! That's over a mile of walking for the little guy! He did awesome! He was walking and running, jumping in puddles and asking his favorite question "whats that?" He heard frogs and birds and made friends with a cat and a couple dogs on the way home. He did great by staying close to me and never running out towards the street. I'm so proud of him! He's growing up way too fast.

In other news, my midwife appointment was today. I'm measuring a little bit big and my midwife said that she felt a walnut sized calcified fibrous tumor (tumor meaning it's a foreign growth in my body... nothing serious). She said that 40% of pregnant woman get them. Sometimes they're in the uterus and sometimes they're outside... Mine is outside and on the top of the uterus. She said that there is nothing to worry about, it just happens. The heartbeat is strong and he's kicking all the time! I'm a little anemic, but hopefully that will be remedied with some extra iron supplements. All is well!

We also found out this week that my insurance doesn't cover home births. Which was pretty hard for me to swallow at first, but we decided to go with the Birth Center instead of paying an arm and a leg to stick with the home birth. I'm starting to get excited about having it there... Mostly because it's pretty much exactly like giving birth at home... it's just someone else's home. I don't have to clean up after and if it's the middle of the night, we don't have to wake Zeke up, we can just have Grandma & Grandpa Allen come over and sleep on the couch while we're out. There are definitely positive points to doing it at the Birth Center rather than at home.


3 comments:

Amy and Matt said...

I guess our hike wasn't blog worthy! hehehe, I totally need to go to Whatcom Falls.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was quite a hike! I'd like to go on that one too! Zeke is turning into a real hiker! In no time he will be joining Amy with or without you! So glad to hear he is good about not going into the street, etc. Such a good boy! Good to hear about your appt and all is OK - glad baby boy #2 is strong and kicking! Excited about the Birthing Center - think Nate & Abby will be glad about the clean-up part:) I know Grandpa & Grandma will have their bags packed and waiting to stay with Zeke! Love you guys!

Laura said...

Wow, both you and Zeke are total troopers with the hiking... I am impressed! Glad to hear all is well with you and the baby. The birth center sounds wonderful, I'm sure it will turn out great!