Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Warm Pasta Salad

So last night, I wasn't sure what I should make for dinner... I was thrown off by locking Zeke in the car and by the time that was all done and I relaxed for a minute, Nate was almost home. So, I needed something fast! Here's my creation that turned into something quite amazing if you ask me.

Warm Veggie Pasta Salad

1 lb uncooked pasta (I used Penne)
1 chicken breast (you can use more, but that's all I had and mine was precooked)
1/2 a shallot diced
2 cloves garlic diced
pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1 bag frozen broccoli florets
1 bag frozen green beans
1/3 cup Newmans Own Family Recipe Italian Dressing
1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1/4 cup parmesean cheese

Cook the pasta. In a large sauce pan saute the shallot and garlic in olive oil on low heat until tender. Add the bay leaf, pepper, pepper flakes and chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces. Add broth, broccoli and beans to the sauce pan. Increase heat and put a lid on it. Once veggies are warm through, remove from heat and remove the bay leaf. Put the cooked pasta in a bowl. Add half the dressing then add veggies. Add the remaining dressing and the cheese and toss. It's awesome.

I didn't measure anything... I'm just guessing on the measurements. Good luck!

No comments: