Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

37 Weeks

We went in for an ultrasound today because my midwife couldn't find a shoulder (on the baby) to determine if he was head down or breach... Today we discovered that he is head down and in position... That doesn't mean that he has dropped or anything, it just means that for now, he's in the right spot. Which is wonderful news.

My intuition is incorrect... He is most definitely a boy. There is absolutely no doubt. =) Zeke is going to have a little brother which is absolutely perfect.

It was the most amazing thing seeing him at this stage. We got to see him sticking his tongue out and drinking in amniotic fluid (which is normal! Just in case anyone was worried). He has the cutest chubby cheeks and sweet plump lips just like Zeke. We got to see his eyes as he looked up toward strange contraption moving around on my belly... He seems so sweet! I really liked seeing him in there. I guess now he seems more like a little person to me and less like a growth on my belly. I can't wait to hold him and give him lots of kisses. I absolutely love both of my sons!

4 comments:

Shaloma said...

Also, if anyone is curious, in the picture we are looking up at this nostrils. His nose is to the left and his cheek is to the right. Below his nose, you can see his open mouth and gum line.

Anonymous said...

Such great news! So happy that baby brother is where he should be! Thanks for posting right away! Can't wait to meet him:) Love you guys! Grandpa & Grandma Allen!

Amy and Matt said...

This is awesome news! It's amazing how much you can see!

Lindsay B. said...

Such a great post, Shaloma. How amazing that you already have a sense of his personality...So excited for you!