Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

39 Weeks

Officially 39 weeks. I'm starting to take bets on when I'm going to deliver. :) I'll update you on my recent midwife appointment and then refresh your memory of my last delivery. But first... Here's a picture of my 39 week kankles... Please enjoy and yes, you can poke fun... I know their lives will be short lived.


So my appointment went good. I'm measuring big apparently and Winni (my midwife) says that she thinks the baby will be 8 lbs then she said "more on the 8 side, less on the 7 side". I'm not entirely sure what that means, but when I was pregnant with Zeke, my midwife was absolutely convinced I was going to have an 8+ lb baby, but he ended up being 7 lbs 15 ozs. Close, but not quite 8! You can start guessing size too. Zeke was 20 1/2 inches long.

When I delivered Zeke I had him 2 days before my due date. This time, I'm due on June 30th... I was checked today and since last week having no progress, I'm now dilated to 1.5 and my cervix is much softer, but still no effacement. Give me your guesses!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'll play! I'm going to say that baby will be born on July 1 so he has a different birth month than his brother! Then I'll go with 8 lbs 2 oz and 21 inches long. Is there a prize? Oh, I know - I get to hold him:) Donna

Laura said...

My guess is June 28th and that he will be 8lb 4oz and 21 inches. You are SOOOO close!! I'm so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

The funny thing is the picture of your lovely kankles almost look loke they could be Zeke's, and just the little kid chub instead of water plumpyness ;) You are doing great, and my guess is for Saturday early evening, and 7lbs 2 oz ( don't you love me).

-Jolene May

Amy and Matt said...

i think July 2nd. 8-1!

and Shaloma, your kankles are BEAUTIFUL!

Kamille said...

Shaloma--I agree with your sister, I at first thought, "are those Zeke's feet?" We all have our pregnancy woes--right?!

I am guessing Sunday, June 27th, just shy of the 26th. 7 lbs 14 oz 22 inches

All of this is relative--right:)

Abby said...

My guess: Sunday the 27th - 8lbs 3oz - 20.75 inches long... ;)

Anonymous said...

My guess is Tuesday June 29th -- Uncle Ted's birthday.
I think the baby will be bigger than Zeke was -- I'll say 8 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 inches long.

Love your ankles -- at least you are laughing about it!

See you tomorrow! Aunt Val :-)

Unknown said...

June 30th (you'll go into labor)
He'll be born at 4:19pm
He will weigh 8lbs 4oz
He will be 20 and 1/4 inches tall
He'll have HAIR
Your labor will be 6.5 hours long

I hope I"m right;-)