Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thanks!

In regards to my last post, I want to say thank you to all of you who made comments. After re-reading my post I realized that I sounded a bit whiney... that wasn't my intent. I think sometimes it's so easy to post all the wonderful things that are happening in life that it's nice to be honest at times. Not that the nice things aren't honest, but life isn't always perfect. I agree with all of you. I am to hard on myself. I do have wrong expectations on who I am to be as a Mom. I think most of what I need is a mind set change. That can be really difficult.

We just got a new dishwasher and 2 loads later, the dishes feel manageable. Nate and I have talked about adjusting responsibilities while I'm pregnant and continuing to revisit our list of chores and responsibilities so we can continually function as a team as my body grows and I can't accomplish as much as before. I also discovered this blog that has some good tips on how to keep a clean house. I haven't started implementation yet, but I'm working toward it.

Zeke and I have gone on a couple walks this week. Zeke loves his kids hot chocolate at Starbucks! I know, I'm bad for getting him hooked early, but it's such a fun treat on a cold walk.

All in all, I feel better. I think my hormones are on a roller coaster ride and it's hard to keep up. Thanks again for your kind words. Hearing what you had to say helped jolt me out of my hormonal downswing.

1 comment:

Laura said...

We all have those moments and that is what our friends & family are for, to help us snap out of it!! How exciting to get a new dishwasher too!